[TenTec] My Omni 6+ is high end!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My Omni 6+ is high end!
From: larrygibbs@ibm.net (larrygibbs@ibm.net)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:01:48 EST
Addressed to: "Marchitelli, Nick #45CS/SCBBH" <NICK.MARCHITELLI@pafb.af.mil>
              TentecReflector <tentec@contesting.com>

** Reply to note from "Marchitelli, Nick #45CS/SCBBH"
<NICK.MARCHITELLI@pafb.af.mil> Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:11 -0500

> I love ten-Tec also but their rigs have no AM capabliltiy which many
> shortwave listeners enjoy,
> your comparing apples to oranges here when u compare a 706 to a much more
> expensive rig
> Omni-6

I compared the 706 MKII to the Scout, not the Omni VI+. SSB is my main interest
for mobiling, except when I arrive at my destination I may want to work CW. In
that case, I may rather have the Scout.

There isn't much difference, if any, between 100 watts and 50 watts output
when it comes to actually working stations. Right now, the Scout is all I need.

Gud lk finding the mobile that suits you.
73, Larry