[TenTec] And Another Point

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] And Another Point
From: K5XS@aol.com (K5XS@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:01:34 EST
Which brings up ANOTHER point (from a customer)...Are we lucky, or what?
Isn't it great doing business with a company with an active presence here and
an apparently genuine interest in customer delight

Bernie
Honolulu

<<Which brings up one of those points that we always try to make about
equipment that appears to be a little troublesome on first appearance.
We have had countless incidents of circuit board cables coming unplugged
during shipping for a wide variety of equipment.  We do use a portable
vibration shake table before shipping rigs out, to see if we can get cables
to come loose before one of the commercial shipping carriers does it for
us.  We have seen instances numerous times (and I'm sure some of you
reading have been on the receiving end of this) where the Omni-VI has
been banged so hard during shipping that the crystal filters have popped
out of the sockets and are rolling around inside the transceiver case.

David: I'm glad the difficulty you were having turned out to be solvable
with a cable check and a toroid on your AC line.

73,

Scott E. Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager>>