[TenTec] T-T 1208 6 Meter Xvtr

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-T 1208 6 Meter Xvtr
From: k7sz@juno.com (k7sz@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:39:01 EST
I am building the 1208 6 meter xvtr and just ruined the 3SK122 (BF-998)
Dual gate MOSFET that is Q-15.

I had no reference for replacement but did find an ECG-455 (dual gate
MOSFET with a transconductance of 22,000 microsemens, input cap of 3.5
pf, and max diss of 200 mW). I called T-T and the said that this ECG sub
would work fine.

Has anyone done any noise figure and gain testing of a stock unit using
the BF-998/3SK122? I would be interested in this information. As soon as
I get my 1208 working, WB3FKQ has volunteered to run the specs on his HP
test gear at his shop. I am anxious to see the results on NF and gain
with the ECG device in place.

73 rich K7SZ

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]