[TenTec] narrow filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] narrow filters
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:33:05 EST
In a message dated 98-02-26 18:20:21 EST, rychard@mindspring.com writes:

<< t has been my experience that the RF gain setting can be of a
  greater use in making a cw signal rise out of the noise than the use
    of dual filters.I start with the 500 HZ filter in the 1st IF and use
    the RF gain setting to give me the best sounding s/n ratio possible >>

Very well stated Richard, you've learned a trick that many experienced
contesters haven't yet learned.  The RF Gain control is probably the most
important receive function on any transceiver.  You're wise beyond your
years!!

Paul, KB8N