[TenTec] Re: ONLY 90 WATTS!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: ONLY 90 WATTS!
From: owen@piper.eeel.nist.gov (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:51:18 -0500 (EST)
In message Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:39:11 EST, PaulKB8N <PaulKB8N@aol.com>  writes:

> I haven't tested this with the Omni VI, but with my pair of Corsairs, I
> ran the voltage up to almost 15V (13.8 recommended) and was able to get a
> little more output power that way.

The proper way to get 100W output is to follow the instructions and adjust
the proper internal pot for an indicated 100W on the Bird 43 or whatever you
use. If the adjustment is set for say 90W and you increase the voltage to
15V you will not see any great increase. GO to the band with the lowest
output and set for 100W then check other bands and if not over 125W leave it
alone. I have seen on my Corsair II (with a misadjustment) over 150W output
and on my Argosy II over 75W output. However, they shouldn't be run long at
these levels as it's really pushing the transistors.
73 Jim K4CGY