[TenTec] CORSAIR I AND II DIFFERENCES

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CORSAIR I AND II DIFFERENCES
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:39:31 -0800
> > PLEASE TELL ME THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CORSAIR I AND II.

> Major Difference?   The Corsair II is butt ugly.  The Corsair I has a
> decorative knob on the front panel labled "Noise Blanker."  The Corsair II
> has neater filtering and a built in keyer.

Oh, here goes again!  I find the Corsair II quite attractive.  :-) .
It matches with the 961 / 962 power supplies, too.  I have had my
Corsair I mobile, and the noise blanker will take out some of the
mobile pulses, but it is not much good after that, as explained.
The other difference is that the Corsair I came stock with a 4
pole 9 MHz IF filter, the 8 pole version was an option, the Corsair
II came with 8 poles in that first IF stock.  Not a really big
deal.  I have one of each of these rigs and would not say there
is much of a difference (you can get a good quality audio filter
and external keyer to add on to the Corsair I and you have the
extra features that are significant).

Good luck.

Clark
WA3JPG