[TenTec] Delta II problem : Help

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II problem : Help
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (NW9G)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 18:06:13 -0500
Well, I have seen several other hams in Ten Tec land get their problems
solved
via this reflector.  I've got a new one here.  It just popped up 2 days
ago.  I dearly
love my Delta II and run it all the time.  However, after 30 minutes of
warm up, I
hear the rx tones get all garbled on 160 to 40 meters.   On the higher
freqs, all seems
fine.  After closer investigation, I notice that my tx is also the same on
those bands.
Very fuzzy sounding on both my tx and rx between 160 to 40 meters.  Even on
the
general coverage freqs inbetween when listening to ssb or cw.  Am seems to
be fine.
I know I have a thermal breakdown someplace.  I just want to know what
board to
start looking on with my freeze spray.  Thanks in advanced guys....keep ten
tec'n....
Steve....NW9G

                                Steve Narducci
                     Amateur Radio Station -  NW9G