[TenTec] Power Supplies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Supplies
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 06:51:23 -0400
        I have to claim my 'innocense' here before I begin! Not being all that
technical, I mean.

        I have had problems with the older TenTec power supplies, of the very
nature that is being described. Most of the time, the problem always turned
out to be the UJT transistor in the over current circuit in the power
supply. Unijunction transistors, in their days of acceptance never were
very stable devices. Because of the doping techniques used to form the
Unijunction's junction, there was always a carrier 'creeping' problem with
them.
        The three different power supplies that I had this problem in, were all
cured by replacement of the Unijunction transistor in the over current
circuit of the power supply.

Chester Alderman
W4BQF  -Tom-
chestert@pressroom.com

So many beautiful women....(sob)So little time.