[TenTec] omni c 546

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] omni c 546
From: bcotter@pop.uky.edu (Bill Cotter)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:59:04 -0400
Jerry,

I've noticed many variations on the noise blanker theme from TenTec
models. The OMNI-C I had years ago and the one I have today appear
to work OK with pulse type noise (woodpecker flavor). In
particular, great for killing electric fence noise, not good for
ignition or AC line noise. The blanker in the Corsair-II I had was
totally useless, not good for any kind of noise. The Delta 580 I
have today is very good for ignition and electric fence noise, not
much good for AC power line stuff. The OMNI-6+ is the best yet for
wide ranges of noise. The DSP also help with minimum RF gain.

73,

Bill

At 08:41 PM 4/15/98 EDT, you wrote:
>DOES ANYONE HAVE A OMNI C THAT  HAS  A WORKING NOISE BLANKER  OR
IS MINE JUST
>BROKE ? ALL CHECKS SO FAR INDICATE VOLTAGES ARE OK  ACCORDING TO
THE MANUAL .
>IT WAS CHECKED AT TEN TEC BUT MAYBE  THEY JUST ARE NOT EFFECTIVE .
DOES IT
>ONLY WORK ON CERTAIN TYPES OF NOISE ? HELP ANYONE ? TKS DE K9UTJERRY
>
>--

| Bill Cotter, N4ALG           E-mail: bcotter@pop.uky.edu |
| 173 Carolyn Lane               Home: (606) 887-5563,2402 |
| Nicholasville, KY 40356-9340   Work: (606) 323-6474      |