[Top] [All Lists]

[TenTec] Re: Your posting on TT Reflector

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Your posting on TT Reflector
From: Bill_Ames@hysoft.com (Bill_Ames@hysoft.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:44:21 -0400

>If you have 50W drive available that opens up a whole new world. I think
>the FCC regs just say that an amp has to require at least 50W drive to be
>legal -- you just probably won't be able to get quite the full rated
>output from the amp.  Keep an eye on the swap nets/hamfests & I bet
>you'll find something pretty easily.

I think I had heard this before (50w min) but there is something that I
don't understand. Does this imply that a "legal" amp does not transmit any
signal appearing on it's input that is less then 50w? (I don't think so.)
Does it mean that it will not start to transmit until the input has reached
50w at least once on the input? (Not likely.) So, what does it mean to be a
"legal" amp?

Bill Ames

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
Submissions:              tentec@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-tentec@contesting.com
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • [TenTec] Re: Your posting on TT Reflector, Bill_Ames@hysoft.com <=