[TenTec] Paragon Mod??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Mod??
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Jan & Del Seay)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:43:38 +0100
The FL-7000 works fine with the TenTec QSK scheme. If you watch the
red lights on the front of the amp, it tells you that the transfer scheme
is
waiting for all to make the receive/transmit transition. I assume you are
using
the PTT input from the Paragon (TX OUT), and the TXINH for the TX Enable
back to the Paragon.
I f  you are using the Paragon relay out to drive the FL-7000 PTT input, it
is still okay as the microprocessor in the 7000 will not allow drive to be
applied until the relays have all energized. In either case, you are
protected
from "Hot Switching".
If you decide to replace the FL-7000, do it for a legitimate reason, not
that it doen't like the TenTec, because it does.
By a legitimate reason, I mean the fact that the FL-7000 is very fragile
and needs
a lot of maintenance, and is very expensive to repair. (I have one that I
have replaced the PA's at least a dozen times at over $100.00 per time.
It's been relagated to holding down the floor in my shop.)
de KL7HF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>