[TenTec] Delta 580 Transceiver Station

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580 Transceiver Station
From: richard@richanny.demon.co.uk (Richard W Collins)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:19:07 +0100
In message <00013EE4.CE21274@cc-gw.tacom.army.mil>, COL Richard Knox
<knoxr@cc.tacom.army.mil> writes
> Good Afternoon!
>     I just picked up a Delta 580 Transceiver station complete with
> the 234 Speech Processor and the 283 Remote VFO, and their original
> manuals.  It all appears to be in excellent cosmetic condition and I
> will put it into operation tonight to check out its performance.
>     I have two questions for the group:
>       First, the manual says I need two additional oscillator
> crystals to work the 17 Meter and 12 Meter Bands.  Are these easy to
> find and how much do they cost?
>       Second, the person selling me this station wants $570 for
> it...that sounds reasonable to me, but I'd like the Group's opinion.
>     Thanks in advance for any guidance/input you can give me.
>            73!  Dick Knox  KD4BRL
Hi Dick,
Sorry for not replying earlier. Am 150 EMails behind hi.
On the 17 and 12 mtr bands you indeed do need a crystal for each. Its
just a simple job of inserting into the bank with others, and then some
minor coil adjustment. I found the coils were pretty well OK and no
significant improvment has had in rx sensitivity and output was fine on
the new bands.

$570 would seem pretty fair for all you're getting.

I am well pleased with the Delta 580 and its qsk is super.

Go for it!!
Please let me know if you buy it and what you think of it.
        Bye Rich (G4PCE)