[TenTec] Paddles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paddles
From: psikes@whidbey.net (Phil Sikes)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 21:16:23 -8
Hello Gary and the group. As a collector of paddles, keys and
bugs I will give you my favorites.

Most of the time I use either my Jones Iambic paddles or a set
of the V22 paddles. I have a couple of the Brown Brothers
paddles and do enjoy using them also. I had a set of Bencher
paddles but did not like the feel of them for my style of
sending. I like a positive stop at the end of the paddle travel
and a crisp feel to the paddles. The Vibroplex paddles are
also very nice to use but the Jones and V22's have a much wider
range of adjutments for persoanl taste. Since this is the Ten
Tec reflector I have to mention the KR-1B and KR-50 in the
collection too. They work pretty well and they sure look good
sitting next to a Ten Tec rig.

Brown Brothers have been out of business for many years now but
I do remember hearing somtime in the past that someone had
bought the rights and machinery to build them again. I have
also heard the same thing recently about the Mercury paddles.

73 - Phil
Phil Sikes - N7UX (ex KJ7NS)
ARCI #9196 - QRP-L #528
FISTS #2602 - NW QRP #412