[TenTec] Ten Tec Argosy Pro/Com

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Argosy Pro/Com
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (W9SN)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 21:54:37 -0500
Mike - W0TMW wrote:

> I've the possibility of acquiring one of 3 Tec Tec rigs, an Argonaut 509, a
> 515, and an Argosy II.
>
> The 509 is the cheapest of course.  I'd like both SSB and CW plus QRP.  Which
> is the best bang for the buck?  Pros? Cons?
>
> Mike - W0TMW

Mike, I have had all those rigs and still have my Argosy II.  Others
I've sold.
The Argosy II has the best of both worlds.  Digital readout (with the
option of
turning off the display for battery operation).  Also has 50 watts out
and the
qrp switch on the back for 5 watts out max and the alc runs in qrp mode.
Hands down the argosy wins with me everytime. It's your decision but my
opinion.
Hope this helps, good luck and keep ten tec'n......

                                Steve Narducci
                     Amateur Radio Station -  W9SN
                          All Ten Tec Equiptment
                          Toys for "Real" CW Men