[TenTec] Web page -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Web page -Reply
From: rsellers@MAIL.RKD.SNDS.COM (Roger Sellers)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:52:45 -0500
Hi Ken,
  It would be a mistake to judge a copy by it's web site solely. I have seen
flyby night companies trying to sell schlock on the web that have some AWESOME
web pages. And then I have seen some very respectable companies with web pages
that look like shambles.
  Web pages are still new to most companies and many smaller industries have yet
to find value or even a need for a web page. That usually only occurs after
great
demand for them to develop a web page or someone volunteers to design and create
the first one.
  You also have to have some creative flair in creating web pages, lets call it
artistic talent. I'm not implying no one at TenTec is capable, but I have met
very few electronic engineering types that are accomplished artists. It also
takes time to develop a page, a good one usually won't be created in 10 minutes.

  In other words, to trust the integrity of a company by the web pages it keeps
would be a serious mistake on your part. I'd much rather judge them by the
products they create. In this case, TenTec is just fine with me.

73,
Roger Sellers  N5EEA
email: rsellers@snds.com

>>> KMerzel <KMerzel%aol.com@internet.rkd.snds.com> 05/13/98 09:12am >>>
Hello All:
   I would like to know if anyone else out there is a bit put off by the Ten
Tec web site. If it is running - as I find it to be down most of the time- it
loads very slow and does not display all of the graphics.  I hate to mention
the competition but I find the TT web site to be a reflection of the company.
    I am the proud owner of a 100% TT station and yes the service is a bit
better than others but I think TT has a "cult" following and the company
cannot break out of this mind set.
    The competition certainly has a larger product selection and I do believe
TT has a very high quality factor but I cannot help feeling that somehow
owning TT is a compromise of sorts. Oh, well with that off my chest I look
forward to any thoughts and comments.
    73   Ken