[TenTec] (no subject)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:13:00 -0700
My reply thoughts and comments:

I, for one, have had no trouble with the Ten Tec web site.  I rarely
have found it to be down and I visit it quite often.  As far as website
content goes, I have no problem with that either.  Ten Tec is, after
all, a small company and I have seen some really HUGE companies put out
some really POOR web sites.  There are also many mega-companies out
there that have NO website at all.

I look at owning a Ten Tec rig as "enlightenment".  If owning a Ten Tec
rig is a cult, then I confess to being a "cultist".  I have owned many
YeaComWoods in my 36+ years of hamming, and one thing I can say for sure
is "I like rice but I don't like rice boxes".

I have found Ten Tec service to be far more than "a bit better" than
other companies in the same field.  For one thing I enjoy talking to
someone who speaks English as their native language (albeit with a
Tennessee accent!), and I have found their response to be quick and
their advice very good.  My experience with service from the "other
companies" has been, in most cases, a nightmare that never ends... can
you spell "S-T-U-P-I-D  P-E-O-P-L-E", boys and girls?  If I had a
complaint about the Ten Tec Service Department it might be that it
closes at 4:00 PM Eastern time, which is only 1:00 PM out here in
Oregon.

As far as a larger product selection goes the only area I see for
improvement might be a CW/SSB/AM (FM purposely omitted) transceiver for
6 & 2 and maybe some UHF bands.

Oh, and by the way, if the rumors of Kenwood exiting the Amateur Radio
market prove to be true, how long will it be before Yeasu and Icom
follow suit?  Japanese companies are highly profit motivated and will
often "fall on their swords" rather surrender profit or market share.

Pardon my ramblings, I accidentally overdosed on my medication last
night.

Reid, K7YX