[TenTec] Voltages on 252 P/S

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Voltages on 252 P/S
From: wb9iog@revealed.net (Mike Souhrada)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:22:54 -0500
About a month ago I picked up a Triton II w/ the 252 P/S that
I knew did not work. Usually not a big problem. Some of the list
members helped me with manuals and schematics for the P/S and I
already had the Triton manual.
1. Initially no DC output at all.That was a given.

2. I removed the WRONG Q1 pass transistor (was a 2N3055) and
   replaced with a referenced substitute  ECG 181 for the original
   device, a 2N5301.

3. The SCR 2N5060 was assumed to be defective and replaced.

Now I have a solid  6 VDC??
Neither the "manual" for the 252 or the Triton provide anything beyond
the DC output of 13 VDC @  20 Amps. IE,  no supply device voltages are
given,that's a surprise.
Am I missing some data?? Any ideas on what I should look for next?
The collector of Q1 pass transistor is getting a solid 23.6VDC
scratching my noggin on why no 12VDC??

Tnx for any further info that might help track down the problem.
Mike
Le Claire, Ia