[TenTec] Dual RX

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dual RX
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:38:24 -0400
Not that it matters much but I would like to point out a minor difference
in dual receive for the TenTecs vs the FT-1000mp. The MP uses a seperate
I.F. amplifier stage for the second receiver plus a seperate detector and
audio amplifier. This allows you to listen to different modes of
transmission. For example, we could have the main rx tuned to a cw station
and use our 250hz and 500hz filters in cascade coming through the left
channel of the stereo amplifier and be listening to the BBC using the AM
mode and 6kc of selectivity in the other channel.

This feature would be nice for a G3 living in the USA wanting to keep up on
the local news while listening for cw dx. Big deal eh?

TenTec used the same IF amplifier and product detector for receiving thus
limiting the scope of it's usefullness. Personally, I've had it both ways
and don't really care. Some do.

Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ