[TenTec] Sidetone Oscillator Mods

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sidetone Oscillator Mods
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:37:40 -0400
Has anyone had any success with changing their Ten-Tec's square-wave-
generated side tone to sine wave?  The newer Ten-Tec's already have this,
but I am considering making a modification on my older models.

Personally, my ears have a tough time tolerating a side tone rich in
odd-order harmonics.  A SCAF filter chip set for a low-pass frequency of 1
kHz comes mind.  DSP would be overkill.  By stripping off all harmonics,
only the sinusoidal fundamental will remain.

-Paul