[TenTec] More compact keyers to build in

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] More compact keyers to build in
From: casey.bahr@intel.com (Bahr, Casey)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:53:46 -0700
Stuart,

Unless ER has kits that add-on features, from what I've heard the CMOS III
is a much more capable chip. I have a TICK keyer that I built and I do like
it,
but the interface is a bit cumbersome at times, changing speeds is not
quick,
it has very limited message memory, no mid-message correction ability for
custom messages, etc., etc., all limitations that I think the CMOS III has
addressed and more. Plus, all the settings are burned into the chip when
you get it and any that you can change are not retained after power-off.

Has ER made other models of the TICK that I'm not aware of that are
vast improvements over the initial members of that line.

Even a TICK chip keyer would be a great add-on option for the Omni-VI,
however.

73,

Casey