[TenTec] W9GR DSP kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] W9GR DSP kit
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A. Calvin)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 23:43:27 -0500
The W9GR design is a bit more natural sounding than some of the
competitors. This is very noticeable on SSB, not so critical on CW.  In
testing I have done, the W9GR did well.  It's comparable to the Timewave
DSP-9+, with the DSP-9 having the edge on CW, and the W9GR on SSB.

        73,  Duane

Duane A. Calvin, AC5AA
ac5aa@Juno.com -or- duanec@prodigy.net
Day:  dcalvin@austin.ibm.com

On Wed, 20 May 1998 22:30:46 -0400 "Steve Ellington" <n4lq@iglou.com>
writes:

>----------
>>
>> Hi All,  I know this isn't specifically TT but I'll try to tie it
>in:
>> Any body out there have any experience with the W9GR DSP-3 filter
>kit?
>> I'm a Corsair II CW op.  Anyone using one with their TT's?  Thanks
>any
>> info.  Ross NW6R ..
>>

>I've never tried the W9GR but have used the MFJ 2768b with my TenTec
>rigs.
>I tried a few other brands and all but the MFJ had excessive processor
>delay time which didn't allow me to use qsk effectively. I was also
>impressed with the AGC in the MFJ. Audio filters tend to blast your
>ears
>and that AGC feature really works.
>
>Steve Ellington
>Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ
>
>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]