[TenTec] PTO?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PTO?
From: Tim Cook" <timcook@erinet.com (Tim Cook)
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 07:59:23 -0400
I recently purchased a real nice Omni-C and ext VFO at a real fair price and
am tickled to have been able to get it. There is just one small problem I
would like some advice on.  The PTO in the Omni is real smooth, (doesn't
stick or move backwards when you let go of it), but on cw signals, and only
noticable on cw signals, there is SOMETIMES a "warble" on the cw note as you
tune through it. It stabilizes when you stop tuning.  It doesn't do it all
the time and seems more pronounced in one portion of the band, but not sure
about that. The ext vfo is fine. Is there anything I can try  to fix the
problem short of doing a pto rebuild? The radio is a joy to use in every
other respect, just this little nagging problem. I had forgotten how nice
the QSK was on the Ten Tec rigs.

thanks for any info
Tim
NZ8J
P.S. still looking for a 500hz filter for it....   :)