[TenTec] Omni V & Paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V & Paragon
From: k8mn@clinet.fi (Dave Heil)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:10:18 -0700
Del Seay wrote:

> Hi Guys:
> There's a bit more to the subject than what has been covered. The
> general coverage aspect is obvious.
> However - if you are a casual operator, working your buddy down
> the block, then the Paragon is fine. But - if you're a dx-er or a
> contestor, it's the OMNI-V hands down.

Silly me!  I didn't know that the Paragon was NG for DXing and
contesting.  Though I use an Omni VI Plus now, I managed to use my early
Paragon (Serial number 103) to win the 1988 ARRL DX Africa plaques for
both phone and CW, the '88 and '91 Africa CQ WW DX SSB plaques and a
couple of the CQ RTTY Africa plaques with it.  There were the 75,000+
QSOs from J5; 60,000+ from 9L and half of my 50,000 or so from A2.

Terrible rig :)

Either one will do the job nicely.

Dave Heil OH2/K8MN

P.S.  The Paragon now does duty with my T-Kit 6m transverter so I don't
have to tie up the Omni VI.