[TenTec] Best Paddle keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Best Paddle keyer
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 21:46:09 -0400
Why would you use anything but a real TenTec keyer? I recommend the KR-40
Iambic keyer. It is a keyer with the paddles built in. Permanent magnets
are used instead of springs and the paddle has a nice snappy feel. They run
on 110vac, have a built in sidetone, weight and speed control. Latter
versions of their keyers used electromagnets instead of permanent magnets.
I've tried these and didn't like the feel of them.

Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ

> Hey fellows, what would you say the best paddle keyer to use with my
Omni-D