[TenTec] New Omni V/QRP mod

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Omni V/QRP mod
From: jkoppi@pclink.com (Joseph Koppi)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 15:31:32 -0500
Just bought an OMNI V Friday night and installed a full compliment of
filters today (bought them new from TT in anticipation of getting the O/V).
I noticed while testing on 40M that I was getting 99 watts output at the
fully clockwise power setting, and approximately 3.5 watts at the fully
counter-clockwise power setting.  I suppose I'll have to look inside to see
if a QRP mod has been done.  But I was rather surprised and pleased to
learn that the rig came QRO/QRP ready.

Incidentally, I checked with the ARP ARCI folks and discovered that I am
still on the books as member number 603.  How about them apples?

This is my first OMNI V.  Have owned in the past an OMNI VI (had to sell
it--too bad), Corsair II, Corsair I, OMNI D Series B, Triton IV, and
Century 21.

Let's see, what else.  Oh, I'm looking for a clean, used 961/962 ps.

Gee, my wife went to PA Saturday for a week with one of the kids and left
me with a new radio.  That is the definition of havin' fun!  73,

Joe Koppi, W0SU
W0SU@pclink.com
St. Paul, MN