[TenTec] INRAD filters vs. Ten Tec filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD filters vs. Ten Tec filters
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:32:03 -0700
I was very happy when INRAD announced some Ten Tec compatible
filters, but disappointed that they did not produce the pairs of
CW filters for both IF's, but just for the 6.3 MHz IF.  Oh well.

I am curious, has anyone compared these filters?  The INRAD specs
are a bit better as far as loss I recall, maybe stop band too?
I wonder if they are good enough to make a noticeable difference.
When I got my 440 rice box, the INRAD filters were stellar compared
to the Japanese monolithic design, but Network Sciences builds a
good filter and the difference is likely to be less.  Still, I
would be very interested if anyone has tried to compare, I am always
looking for another 3db less loss or some extra stop band attenuation
in my OMNI VI.

I am not a fan of the SSB 2.1 kHz filter fidelity, but the darned
things sure do cut some of the QRM and noise in my rice box.  I am
mainly interested in the 500 Hz and 250 Hz filter performance if
anyone has tried them.

Clark
WA3JPG