[TenTec] Another GREST experience

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Another GREST experience
From: ldscomm@jps.net (Robert L. Cross - Communications Coordinator)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 08:25:11 -0700
About 6 months ago our communication center elected to upgrade to Ten Tec.
An Omni IV+ was purchased new....within a month I experienced the GREAT
customer support from the "bunch" in Tennessee. Tests indicated we could
need more power to "punch through" when the going got rough. I started a
quest for a used Titan Amplifier (the new Titan II was not rack mountable).
I reluctantly started searching the Internet as well as Ham Trader. Only a
couple of older units were located. Then one day I contacted Robert Shohet,
KQ2M, who had a newer unit advertised (6 years old, but with year old
tubes). He sent the unit to Ten Tec at his expense to have it checked out
and have a plate rfc replaced. I arranged to transfer funds when the unit
was received at Ten Tec. The Tennessee Bunch was very understanding and
cooperative. When the unit was received...ON SCHEDULE!!!...IN TIME FOR A
DISASTER EXERCISE it was just as described.

My thanks to Ten Tec and especially to Bob Shohet for restoring my faith in
Internet hams, who advertise exactly what they have, establish procedures
to guarantee completion of a transaction, and deliver on schedule. Any of
you Ten Tec guys in the Connecticut area say hello to Bob from me the next
time you hear him on a local net.