[TenTec] Delta II/Model 305 Computer Interface Results

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II/Model 305 Computer Interface Results
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:35:32 -0500
The Delta II is now being controlled by my computer.  After two
telephone conversations with Paul Clinton at Ten-Tec, he finally
was able to get through to me what I should do and how to
interpret and use what I was seeing.

First, the problem seemed to be that the "receiver address code"
the contest software (TRLog) was looking for was not the default
'4', like in the Omni VI+.

Second, nothing in the Delta manual or the 305 manual indicated
what to punch on the keypad to display and allow changes to the
receiver address code.

The keystrokes are F + <Mode to display the receiver address
code.  It should show something like EC OO.  When you press the ^
(up) arrow on the keypad, that should cause to be displayed two
more digits (0.0).  The n.n digit is the receiver address code.
Press the up arrow to increment it to the value you want (I
incremented it to 0.4).  Press ENTER to save it.

Then, in the contest software (in TRLog's case), I entered "radio
one address = 4" in logcfg.dat and saved it.  I activated TRLog
and the program then recognized and took control of the radio.

Thanks to Paul Clinton at Ten-Tec for the help and advice.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u