[TenTec] INRAD CW filters for Ten Tec rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD CW filters for Ten Tec rigs
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 18:41:06 -0700
I have had a little time to use the 6.3 MHz IF CW filters
from INRAD in my Corsair I and OMNI VI.  I got at 400
Hz filter and a 250 Hz filter.  They work very well and
are indeed sharp to my ears.  However, I wish I had a
sweep generator and other equipment and could really,
really compare and tell you something about them in
comparison to the Network Sciences filters sold by
Ten Tec.  I just don't have a good enough test harnass.
I thought I could use two radios and carefully sweep
signals and find out how it does, but that is so very
inexact (and depends on each radio having exact same
PBT setting and carrier oscillator freqs, stuff like
that) ... so my positive endorsement only means that
they work fine and to my ears the INRAD filters are as
good as or better than the others. Not very scientific
though.  Anyone in Southern California who has some
equipment and wants to look these filters over, you
are welcome to call me and I would come over and help
evaluate these things.

Clark
WA3JPG