[TenTec] 1208 6M Xvtr Sens Loss

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1208 6M Xvtr Sens Loss
From: haddon@pw.usda.gov (William F. Haddon)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 14:00:29 -0700
Tentec 1208 6M Transverter Problem:

Lost an estimated 20-25 dB of receiver gain suddenly; came back to full
sensitivity midwau thru the ARRL VHF contest in June, and then faded away.
All xmt functions are fine and HF sens on the Omni V are fine.

NOTE 1:  This is not been a disabling problem, as the 1208 has at least 10
dB "excess" gain for my urban location anyway.

NOTE 2:  Have done all the standard stuff - re-optimized the L and C
adjustments, flexed the board for cold solder joints etc.

NOTE 3:  Don't take this as any negative comment on an  OUTSTANDING piece of
gear -- I couldn't be more pleased.  In very occasional 6 M operation for
two years I have easily worked 83 grid squares from Marin County north of
SF, working as far east as New York, just running barefoot at 5 W into a 4
el home built Yagi.  The exceptional audio of the Omni V is a big plus for 6
M operation; many favorable on-the-air comments.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Bill Haddon, N6ZFO

Replies to:
haddon@pw.usda.gov