[TenTec] QRP Rig and Clix

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRP Rig and Clix
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 08:51:23 -0400 (EDT)
I built a 1340 qrp kit over a year ago and noticed bad clicks in the cw
monitor which also showed up on the keying. The factory suggested removing
C1. This completely cured the problem and now keying is excellent. Since
then I've passed this info along to several owners who experienced the
same results.

Last night I worked a station who had just completed his 1330 kit. He had
terrible clicks and complained of clicks in his monitor. I passed the cure
along to him. So here's what I don't understand. Why, after more than a
year, are they still selling these things with C1 in the kit? Shouldn't a
revision or at least a note be included with each kit instead of making
the poor ham find out the hard way?

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky