[TenTec] Corsair II AGC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC
From: cooper@gmpvt.com (Tom Cooper)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 10:57:16 -0400
I've gotten messages from several people saying that their
CSII didn't "pop" on strong signals, which makes me wonder
if there was a production mod or maybe some other explaination.

The schematic shows a 3.3K and a 10Meg resistor voltage divider
after the full wave AGC detector and before the charge capacitor.
I wonder whether varying the 3.3K resisitor allows the "pop" to be
adjusted out on an individual radio.  I think I'll replace mine with a
10K trimmer and see what happens.

The "Ron Lee" schematic I have is essentially unreadable, so those
who requested a copy are out of luck.

I'm also looking for the W3TS amp schematic but it remains in hiding.

Tom  W1EAT