[TenTec] Corsair I questions...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair I questions...
From: N4NT@bnoc.net (N4NT Mike Hyder)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:26:48 -0400
Hi, Steve--

1.  The readout on your rig is a frequency counter, not a synthesizer.
When it is on the ragged edge of a frequency, it will jump back and
forth.  It will do it on transmit, too.  If it gets too annoying, you
might do like I did with a VCR flashing clock and cover the flashing
digit with electrical tape.

2.  Don't know about the pins.  Have you looked in the manual?

3.  You can tell if a PTO needs to be rebuilt two ways:
    a.  The knob is hard to turn, or more likely
    b.  When tuning on a CW signal the frequency seems to flutter up and
down.  Sometimes when you turn the knob slightly, the frequency changes
in the opposite direction.  It is very hard to detect this problem on
SSB, so if you work only SSB, your PTO may never seem to need
rebuilding.

Good luck and 73 de N4NT@bigfoot.com