[TenTec] Wall transformers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Wall transformers
From: jkbelt@spiritone.com (Jim and Kate Belt)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:44:33 -0700
Hi All:
Recently I put a Logikey K3 keyer into operation. The manual says not to use
wall type transformers since anything over 14 volts DC is apt to fry the
unit. I had planned on using the MFJ 1313B twelve volt transformer. When I
checked it it registered 18 volts. When I called MFJ they said it would
deliver 12 volts under load. Then I took a variable Radio Shack transformer
that delivers between 6 and 12 volts DC. At the 12 volt setting it measured
12 volts DC. It never would have occured to me to question the advertised or
assigned ratings. A word to the wise.

By the way, the LogiKey K3 is dynamite. Thanks to all who endorsed it. You
are so right.

73,
Jim K7JIH