[TenTec] RE: Steve N4LQs comments on used gear

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Steve N4LQs comments on used gear
From: Steve Ellington" <n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 09:26:13 -0400
My worst dissapointment was  due to a Hercules 444 I purchased at Dayton a
few years ago. I knew the final transistors were unobtainable but took the
guys word that it worked. I should have know better. Fortunately, I got it
for a good price. Of course when I got it home, the finals were all shot. I
was able to sell it to a fellow who wanted to try some substitute
transistors. Later, I heard that he managed to get it working.
Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ

>I, have never been real disappointed in a piece of broken ham gear, I, just
>purchased.  My real disappointment was, that a fellow Amateur Radio
Operator