[TenTec] tnx for Omni-C vfo help

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] tnx for Omni-C vfo help
From: casey.bahr@intel.com (Bahr, Casey)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:43:58 -0700

Thanks to those who sent me e-mails about my recent Omni-C
frequency drift problem (you know who you are! ;).

The PS is fine, and the VFO is definitely at fault. A ham friend,
with a full test bench, and I coupled right off the VFO output
and it was putting on quite a show. However, we didn't have
time to tackle getting into it much further, that circuit is really
buried deep in the Omni.

So, anyone out there with experience getting the board out
and repairing it? How big a job is it really? I'm debating whether
it might be better to ship the whole radio to TT as they can
probably do the swap easily and give the radio the once over
while it's there. I already have enough projects in the queue
frankly, so have to do some prioritization and farming out maybe.

73,

Casey
Casey Bahr, KS7J, FISTS #3648, CC #450, FNW #1
Trustee, FISTS Northwest, K7FFF, FISTS #4400, CC #457
http://www.imagina.com/webpages/casey/k7fff
Vista Valley FISTS CW Club, K6FFF, FISTS #4444
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/k6ffffists