[TenTec] Corsair 1

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair 1
From: cdrakes@ipa.net (C.D. Rakes)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 18:48:05 -0500
I've got a new Corsair I, new to me that is, and after running a few simple
checks I ran into an unusual problem.   On the 80-meter band the output
would drop to a max of 5-watts out at 3650khz and slowly increase as the
frequency went up or down.  First I figured it might be the bandpass filter
being misaligned, but not so.   I finally went to the RF Mixer board #80987
and checked the LO and TX inputs.....very little change in signal levels at
any tuned frequency.  I noticed a tuned trap, at least that is what it
looks like to me, T8 and C1......Can anyone familiar with the Corsair I let
me know what the function of this tuned circuit is???   I turned C1 about
1/20 of a turn and the problem disappeared.   Works great now.  Thanks
KI5AZ  Charles