[TenTec] Need help with OMNI VI+ tuning dial

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need help with OMNI VI+ tuning dial
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:11:59 -0700

Hi Bob:

I have had a similar problem with my OMNI VI knob.  I took it
off (pull the rubber ring, then get a hex wrench to take the
metal knob off) and found the little felt pads had worn through
or fallen off.  I got some thick felt and glued it on the copper
strips that contact the plastic ring on the face panel and
then adjusted the tension of the strips to push them a little
more "out".  I remounted the stuff and it worked OK.  I then
used some automobile dash lubricant and polish on the little
ring inside (took the knob off again to do this) to lubricate
the felt contacts.  It allows me to get more tension on the
knob with less drag.  I like it now.

Good luck.  Once you get the knob off, you will see what to
do.

Clark
WA3JPG