[TenTec] WTB RS-232, mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WTB RS-232, mic
From: stan@studio-maint.com (Stan Jacox)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:33:05 -0700

Greg Prior wrote:

> I am looking for an RS-232 adaptor for the Paragon.  It can be the
> Ten-Tec model or a do-it-yourself project if any one knows of any.
>

> Thanks, Greg

 Hello TT'ers
I, too, am looking for the RS-232 card for my Paragon. I emailed Ten-Tec and
found that those boards are not available anymore. If I can't find a board
here I would like to build one so I can use Visual Basic to write control
programs. Does anyone have a data sheet and schematic for the board. If
there is enough interest we could make a pc board run to so anybody
interested could build one for themselves.

My  new Paragon is my first TT product. When I bought it at a swap meet a
few weeks ago I thought I would use it as a general RX and backup for my
Signal/One CX-7B and S-Line. I wasn't looking for a rig but I saw this one
at good price and in perfect condition with all filters. After using it for
a few hours the first night, I rearranged my shack. I put the
Signal/One/Collins in the closet. The Paragon is now my favorite radio with
it's logical layout and great performance. Now all I need is the Titan II
that will be out this fall.
--
Stan Jacox  KM6XZ   http://www.studio-maint.com
1-800-918-3300