[TenTec] Corsair II Power Supplies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Power Supplies
From: jdroller@tricon.net (Jimmy D. Roller)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:57:10 -0400
Hi Mike, et al,

For your further consideration and confusion: I have a model 960 power
supply that I purchased when I bought the Corsair II. After losing and
replacing the pass transistor, I made a field upgrade to the 961 using a
kit supplied by Ten Tec. All that was required was to remove the big
filter capacitor from the circuit board, turn it upside down and
reconnect to the board. The manual says the 960 is rated at 22 amps, so
I assume the 961 and 962 have similiar ratings. Aren't you glad you
asked?! It has powered the OMNI VI(+) for a number of years including 5
Field Days.

73,

Jim, N4IR