[TenTec] Re: Scout mods or upgrades?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Scout mods or upgrades?
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 19:45:30 -0600
At 08:13 03-09-98 -0700, KI6PR wrote:
>Hi gang,
>
>I've got a Scout from among the earliest production runs. Are there any
factory mods or upgrades I need to know about? I'm not necessarily talking
about someone's pet homebrew mod, but stuff from the factory.

  The factory folks have recommended changing a resistor to speed up the QSK
timing.  You will probably notice that you can no longer hear between dots
and dashes above about 15 wpm, which isn't really break-in.  The resistor
change makes the Scout/Argo full QSK to about 50 wpm.

  The info is on my web site:

http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/contest/wyo.htm

  There is a description of how to locate the resistor and an easy way to
change the value.

73  --  Glenn
 Another month ends...   All targets met, all systems
 working, all customers satisfied, all staff eager and
 enthusiastic.    All pigs fed and ready to fly.

     AEØQ / V31RY           ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SVØWY, WAØVPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com    --SOWP 5558-M, QCWA LM, ARRL LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/