[TenTec] CT 9.37 and OMNI-VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CT 9.37 and OMNI-VI+
From: JTBRANNIGAN@prodigy.net (JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 14:19:53 -0400
>>For some strange reason the OMNI-VI is not a favorite of
>contesters..
>
>Pardon me???!!!
>
>I use it for contesting and enjoy it thoroughly and without fault
>or glitch.

You've got to read my note in context, Dale.....
I didn't say that the OMNI was no good for contesting.....I said it wasn't a
favorite...
ICOM's and the YAESU FT-1000's seem to be the rig of choice for the big
contest stations...
It makes no sense to me .....

>Also, I use TRLog software.

I'm not familiar with TRlog...

>>don't think that Ken has spent a lot of time finding a
>solution...
>
>Maybe that's a clue as to the source of the problem.
>
>>Mebbe a call to TT is in order....
>
>No, Jim. I think a call to Ken (CT) is in order.  Or better, a
>call to George Fremin, K5TR, or Tree, N6TR to get TR Log software
>is in order.

Since CT 9.37 works on some OMNI's but not others....there might be a
variation in the firmware that accounts for this...

Good Luck with The Hercules

73, Jim WB2TPS