[TenTec] The $1200-1400 TenTec - What features would youwant and sacrifi

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The $1200-1400 TenTec - What features would youwant and sacrifice?
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec, Inc., Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:52:41 -0400
At 06:45 PM 9/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
>To the group:
>I saw a mention in a post for the desire for a TenTec rig between the
>Scout & Omni VI+.  I thought this would make an interesting thread.  What
>I am asking the group to do is to summarize what features they would see
>included in an imaginary TenTec rig in the $1200 to $1400 range.  The
>competition would include the 706, DX70 & DX77, FT100, TS570D, FT920, and
>so on.
>The rules are simple.  Just post to the group a features list for the
>pretend rig.  Include any narrative that explains why you chose those
>features TenTec is famous for, features TenTec hasn't included in the
>past, and why you left out certain items in the current top rig, the Omni
>Why bother to reply?  Well, TenTec has certain strengths over the
>competition, and it will be interesting to see which of those strengths
>show up as being more important in this day of ever-increasing
>computer-oriented features.  In addition, it should be fun to compare the
>features list with past rigs.  The ideal mid-range rig may already exist.
> Lastly, it should be just plain fun.
>73's - Eric (K0AVW)

Hi Eric (and the group):

We're listening - and we'd be interested to hear what features you'd
like to see on a rig in that price range.  While we have no plans
at the moment to come out with a new HF rig, having a handy list of
features desired from hams that already are familiar with us would
be a great resource.

Eric also makes mention of what's "not" on the Omni-VI+ that you'd
like to see included in a top-of-the-line HF rig; I'd be glad to
hear those comments as well.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (423) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.