[TenTec] Mono-Stereo audio jack

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mono-Stereo audio jack
From: kf5mc@flash.net (Joseph Pursley)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 16:59:07 -0700
Have the same effect here. A stero jack would have audio in both
earphones. However when a mono jack is plugged in half way it works and
when pushed in all the way it shorts out the audio . There must be some
merit to what I originally said otherwise SGC would not have told me I
am right......Obviously they placed the audio to both connections of the
Stereo jack.......I am not impressed by the schematics. The rig is
having enough problems just meeting the specs. After trying CW and
finding out that the note is sour I also found out that instead of
having an offset it is dead center on frequency. Oddly enough again ,
instead of having to tune up to hear it one must tune down
frequency.......joe