[TenTec] TT Omni D Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Omni D Question
From: KF4EIB@aol.com (KF4EIB@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 09:30:44 EDT
Greetings TT Gang,

I picked up an Omni D 564 Series B Rig and a 274 Tuner at a hamfest.
Rig, pwr. supply, tuner and keyer all seem to work great. Take into
consideration my limited experience with this rig, etc.
Questions:
1. What is the upgrade from B to C on the rig...Is it worth it?
2. I understand there is a 277 tuner with a built in SWR meter, even though
the rig has a SWR / S unit meter. My question is the cost / search for a 277
or the addition of a separate SWR / Watt meter in line with the 274 and rig
really needed? Is it possible to "learn" enough about the set up to do as well
as with the existing setup.

Will be using a "stealth" longwire for antenna.

Over all I am really happy with my FIRST HF big rig. Plan on having FUN with
it!

Thanks and take care!

de Gordon kf4eib
Greensboro, NC