[TenTec] 2.8 filters for Ten Tec and other Ten Tec info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.8 filters for Ten Tec and other Ten Tec info
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:56:24 -0700
Hi George:

OK.  We can think about the second IF SSB filters at some
point down the line, some more have signed up, I now have
4 interested in the pair of 2.8's for their OMNI's.  It
looks good.

Here is a brief chart of Ten Tec rigs and the filters /IF's
they use, to help define the where these INRAD filters could
be useful.  I copy the Ten Tec list to get additions or
corrections to this list.

********************

Early OMNI's:
OMNI-A, used one 8 pole 9 MHz IF filter.
OMNI-B and C used the same 9 MHz IF but had two other filter
positions cascaded with the main 8 pole SSB filter.

The Triton IV used a single 8 pole filter in its 9 MHz IF.

The Argonaut 505, 509 and 515 all used single 4 pole 9 MHz
IF filtering, some were modified with an 8 pole filter by
wiring it into the circuit.

The Argosy I and II used the 9 MHz IF with one SSB main
filter (plug in, 4 or 8 pole) and one optional filter slot
for the single 9 MHz IF.

The Delta I used a 6.3 MHz IF filter in it.  I don't know
about the optional filtering in this rig, I think it allowed
at least one extra slot.

The Corsair I and II used a dual conversion scheme, 1st IF
is 9 MHz where there is one plug in filter, and the 2nd IF had
3 slots, one for the main filter, two optional.

The OMNI V and VI use the same dual conversion scheme, and
allow extra slots in both the 9 MHz 1st IF and the 6.3 MHz
2nd IF.

The Delta II, Argonaut II, Scout and Argonaut 556 do not
provide for any additional filters, and do not have a
standard filter slot.

Rigs with slots for plug in filters:

Overall, the OMNI-B, C, Argosy I, II, Corsair I, II, OMNI V
and VI can use the 9 MHz plug in SSB filters.  The OMNI B,
C, and the OMNI V and VI can use more than one main plug
in filter for the 9 MHz IF.

The Delta I, the Corsair I, II, the OMNI V and VI can use
the 6.3 MHz filters in optional slots.

Rigs that would need to wire in filters:

Argonaut 505, 509 and 515 did not have plug in filters, but
there is room to wire in a filter for the 9 MHz IF.

Ten Tec filter numbers for reference:

9 MHz IF:
model 220, standard 8 pole 2.4 KHz bandwidth SSB filter
model 217, 8 pole CW filter, 500 Hz bandwidth
model 219, 6 pole CW filter, 250 Hz bandwidth

6.3 MHz IF:
model ???  8 pole stock SSB filter, 2.4 KHz b/w
model 285, 6 pole CW filter, 500 Hz b/w
model 282, 6 pole CW filter, 250 Hz b/w

There are some RTTY filters with special center frequencies, too.

I hope this gives you a rough picture of the Ten Tec rigs and
the filters they can use.

Clark
WA3JPG