[TenTec] TVI Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TVI Problem
From: N4NT@bnoc.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:47:04 -0400
Hi Gordon--

A low pass filter WILL NOT help.  Your rig has one and your antenna
tuner provides even more filtering.  In my case, here are the solutions
I devised to the same problems you enumerate:

1.  TVI.  I have Cable TV, but maybe because my antenna runs parallel to
the lead in and fairly close to it, I had pretty bad TVI.  Other places
I've lived, my neighbors had TVI in nearby apartments.  I made jumper
wires.  One end of the jumper hooks to the ground pin of a 3 prong
standard electric plug; the other end of the jumper hooks to an
alligator clip.  I plug the jumper into the AC outlet closest to the TV
set and clip the alligator onto the shell of the coax plug right where
it hooks to the TV.  In my cases (running kilowatt levels in apartments)
this has always taken care of the problem.  VCR's are a whole 'nuther
problem and are beyond the scope of the expertise of the world.

2.  Computer Speakers.  I turn them off.

Good luck de Mike N4NT@bnoc.net