[TenTec] Delta 580 crystals

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580 crystals
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:54:44 -0600 (CST)
I recently bought a 580 Delta. As most of you probably remember, the
Delta was one of the first Ten-Tec rigs with provision for the WARC
bands. At the time it was sold new in the early 80s, it came with
switch positions for 18 MHz and 24 MHz but didn't have the required
crystals installed since the WARC bands were not authorized at that
time.

In the Delta I bought, someone had apparently installed non-standard
crystals in the heterodyne oscillator for the 18 MHz and 24 MHz bands.
It's several KHz off frequency on those bands. It works fine but the
digital readout reads incorrectly.

I'd like to install the proper 29.5 MHz and 36.0 MHz crystals required
to put the Delta on band with proper dial readout.

Does Ten-Tec still carry these crystals and what are the cost? Can the
crystals be ordered from a standard crystal house at lower cost?
Somebody told me they would cost $25 from Ten-Tec. I haven't checked
with factory yet to see if this is true.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Winston K4CWQ