[TenTec] Omni V filter problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V filter problem
From: LOMAX1@prodigy.net (frank ayers jr)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 18:06:06 -0500
A while ago I posted about a problem I was having with my Omni V and the
narrow filters. I got a lot of great advice and went to the operators
manual and looked up the alignment for the upper sideband carrier
oscillator. I did it empirically by finding a ragchew and dialing it in.
While I was at it I did the lower sideband osc too. Checked to make sure
the thing was on freq and carrier suppression was okay.
Wow what a difference! Now it sounds like nice audio through a tight filter
instead garbage. Thing that was really nice was that working on the rig is
like what it was like to change the plugs on my '63 Chevy. Just sit on the
fender and change them. Nice to see a radio with that kind of room.
Thanks to all who responded.

Frank
W2FCA