[TenTec] Delta II backlight

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II backlight
From: coates@oceana.net (Harry &Sara Coates)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:46:55 -0500
Hi Everyone,  Got my Delta II back from TT and had a chance
to look at the display unit.
Simple to get at. 4 screws to remove the front panel. 3
small connectors and 4 very small screws ( OH! S---! I
DROPPED ONE!!!)  to get it out. I don't think back lights or
edge lights are an option. But, the assembly is a ckt brd
for the SM device and connectors with the LCD display
mounted a little elevated off of it. It looks like the
electro-luminescent panel is just slid in between the ckt
brd and LCD. Not really attached to either one. Unsolder the
two lugs that come out of it and slide it out. The backlight
panel is 1 5/16" wide by 6 1/4" long and very thin. The
manual says it run on 115 vac. The voltage at the connector
actually reads 161 vac (open ckt/noload) on mine?? Where can
we find something even close?? It would be worth a try.. I
believe it can be fixed. And, I would feel a lot better
about the deal on this one. It is a nice clean looking
unit.. BUT??!!

Harry Coates
WA8HC                Ten Tec forever............   RTTY